EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme: Apply now to protect the rights of you and your children

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their non-EEA family members, who were resident in the UK by the end of the transition period at 23:00 GMT on 31 December 2020, are reminded to protect their right to continue living and working in the UK after 30 June 2021 by applying to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). Applications to the EUSS are free and the application deadline, for those resident in the UK by 31 December 2020, is 30 June 2021.

Making an application

If EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members apply successfully to the EUSS they’ll be able to continue to live, work and study in the UK after 30 June 2021. Successful applicants will get either settled status or pre-settled status, meaning they will continue to be eligible to access the benefits and services they do now.

The application form can be accessed online on GOV.UK using a computer, tablet or mobile phone. The application requires you to provide proof of your identity and nationality, residence in the UK, and to declare criminality. More information on the EUSS can be found here.

Applying on behalf of a child
You can apply on behalf of your child or they can apply for themselves. A child is eligible for settled status or pre-settled status if they’re under 21 and either they’re:

  • an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but you are – or your spouse or civil partner is

If your child was born in the UK but is not a British citizen, they will still need to apply.

If you have already applied to the EUSS, you can ‘link’ your child’s application to yours. This means that if your own application is successful, your child will get the same status as you.

You will need to do this for each child you apply for. You can use your own email address in the application if your child does not have one.

You will need to provide proof of your child’s residence if your child started living in the UK before 1 January 2021.

Support available to EU citizens
Further information and support services are available and detailed below.

  • EU Settlement Scheme guidance

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can check what they need to do to stay in the UK if they or their family members are from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland. Guidance, including how a parent or guardian would apply on behalf of their child(ren), is available on GOV.UK. 

  • EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre

For questions about their application, EU citizens can call 0300 123 7379 or +44 (0) 20 3080 0010 from outside the UK (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9.30am to 4.30pm). Find out about call charges.

  • Assisted Digital

This free service is available over the phone and in person if EU citizens do not have the right access, skills or confidence to complete the online application form. Contact We Are Digital by calling 03333 445 675 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). For more information, visit GOV.UK. 

  • ID document scanning service

This service is available to complete the identity verification step if EU citizens do not have access to the EU Exit: ID Document Check app. There may be an administrative fee to use this service. For a list of locations, visit GOV.UK. 

  • Community organisations

The Home Office has provided funding for 72 organisations across the UK to provide help and support to EU citizens and their family members with their EU Settlement Scheme application. Find a local community organisation on the GOV.UK website

EU Settlement Scheme (Latest Updates)

Where next

Our Vision

At Oak Hill Academy, we want our children to fulfil their aspirations and achieve their full potential in both their learning and for their future.…

Our vision