British Values and Modern Britain
Central to our curriculum are the Citizenship and PSHE requirements, ensuring that we prepare our pupils for life in modern Britain.
Throughout our Aspirations Curriculum we promote the British values of:
- Democracy (starting with our Aspiration Heroes through to understanding Britain as a democratic country);
- The rule of law (class and school rules, our place in the community, to British law);
- Individual liberty (promoting rights and responsibility in all we do, standing up to bullying);
- Mutual respect (learning to understand each other’s points of view);
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs (celebrating the diversity of our community, looking at modern Britain, our place in Europe and the wider world)
View our Prevent Strategy here.